See answers to our frequently asked questions below. If you have a question that is not answered please do not hesitate to contact us.
Do you cater for specific needs?
Yes, however due to the diverse range of individual needs it’s best if you contact us first to make sure, generally anyone can be catered for.
When do you open/close?
We now operate and take bookings all year round.
My child has a medical condition, can they still take part?
Our highly trained and experienced staff go above and beyond to ensure everybody is taking part wherever possible.
What is the day to day life like whilst undertaking a residential at Weardale Adventure Centre?
- 7am-9am: Wake up, breakfast, shower and prepare for morning activities
- 9am-12:30pm: Morning activity briefing followed by session
- 12:30pm-1:15pm: Lunch and preparations for afternoon activity
- 1:15pm-4:30pm: Afternoon activity session
- 4:30pm-5:30pm: Free time before dinner
- 5:30pm-6:30pm: Dinner
- 6:30pm-7:00pm: Free time
- 7:00pm-8.00pm: Evening activity
- 8.00pm-10.00pm: Free time, bed preparations, shower
- 10:30pm: Lights out
What are the facilities like in the local area?
The area is rural, therefore facilities are limited, however there is a local co-op within 1 mile of Weardale Adventure Centre with a post office located next door.
What clothing and essentials are required for a stay at Weardale Adventure Centre?
Please refer to the kit lists on the ‘Information for Schools’ page.